Southgate is a Campbell county city on the southeast of Newport. It was named for Richard Southgate, who arrived in Newport about 1795. Southgate was incorporated in 1907 and never had its own post office. The population in 2010 was 3,803.
An earlier, extinct town of Southgate was about eight miles south.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2015 David C. Elbon