Spring Station, Kentucky
Spring Station is a northern Woodford county community about three miles west of Midway. The area was probably settled early in the nineteenth century and it became a station on the Lexington and Ohio Railroad when it came through in 1833. The town was named for several nearby springs and may also have been known as Big Spring Station. The Spring Station post office operated from 1856 until 1973.