Sulphur is a Henry county community on the Little Kentucky River. It was settled in the nineteenth century and originally called Abbottsford for a local family. It was a station on the Louisville, Cincinnati, and Lexington Railroad. The Sulphur Fork post office opened in 1869, was renamed Sulphur Station in 1880, and Sulphur in 1882.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2018 David C. Elbon