Wadesboro was a Calloway county town on Wades Creek about six miles north of Murray close to the Marshall county line. Banester Wade settled there about 1817 and the town was established soon after. It became the seat of Calloway county when it was formed in 1822, but the seat was moved to Murray after the formation of Marshall county in 1842, since Murray was closer to the center of the remaining territory. The Wadesboro post office opened in 1824 and closed in 1904. The name was sometimes spelled Waidsboro, Wadesborough, or Waidsborough.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2014 David C. Elbon