Water Valley, Kentucky
Water Valley is in the southwest corner of Graves county. The town began as a station on the New Orleans and Ohio Railroad about 1858 and was named Morse Station, probably for the name of the land owner. About 1870 the nearby Feliciana post office moved to the site and was renamed Morse. In 1872 the town and post office were renamed Water Valley, perhaps for its low-lying location along Bayou du Chien. Water Valley was incorporated in 1884. The population in 2010 was 279.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2015 David C. Elbon