White Plains, Kentucky
White Plains is a Hopkins county city on US 62 about seven miles south of Madisonville. The town grew around the White Plains Station on the Elizabethtown and Paducah Railroad, which arrived about 1872. There was at that time a Whites Plains community and post office a few miles away in Christian county which was renamed Fruit Hill at about the same time. White Plains was incorporated in 1888. A Little Prairie post office opened nearby in 1853 and was moved to the station and renamed White Plains in 1874. The population in 2010 was 884.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2015 David C. Elbon