Whitesville is a Daviess county city about 11 miles southeast of Owensboro. The community was first known as Cross Roads, but was later named Whitesville for Dr. William Lee White, an early settler. Whitesville was incorporated in 1867. The Whitesville post office opened in 1865, but had operated in several locations in the vicinity as Burtonsville or Whitesville since 1851. (The Burtonsville post office was in the nearby community of Boston.) The population in 2010 was 552.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2017 David C. Elbon