Whitewood was a Green county community about six miles northeast of Greensburg. It was a station on the Louisville and Nashville Railroad and named for a local farmer. The railroad arrived in 1879 and was abandoned in 1979. A Whitewood post office probably operated in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2018 David C. Elbon