Kentucky Atlas and Gazetteer

Williamstown, Kentucky

Williamstown was established in 1820 as the seat of the newly formed Grant county and named for William Arnold, who donated land for the town. (The name Philadelphia was considered but rejected.) The site had been the location of the pioneer Littell's Station. The town extends into Pendleton county. Williamstown was incorporated in 1825. The Williamstown Court House post office opened in 1822. The population in 2010 was 3,925.

MORE INFORMATION

SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER

© 2017 David C. Elbon