Wilmington was a McCracken county community two miles west of Paducah near the modern Wilmington Road and just north of West Paducah. It was established as the seat of the new county in 1827 and the courthouse was completed in 1830. The county seat was moved to Paducah in 1832 because of flooding. The county records were moved in a skiff.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2018 David C. Elbon