Wilmore is a Jessamine county town at the junction of KY 29 and KY 1268 about three miles west of Nicholasville. The town began as Scott's Station in 1876 on the Cincinnati-Southern Railroad and the Wilmore post office opened there in 1877. John Scott and John Wilmore were local land owners. Wilmore was incorporated in 1918. The population in 2010 was 3,686.
Asbury University in Wilmore.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2014 David C. Elbon