Woodbury is a Butler county city on the Green River about three miles southeast of Morgantown. The town grew from the nearby lock and dam. The source of the name isn't certain. Woodbury was incorporated in 1854, dissolved circa 1980, and reincorporated in 1986. The Lock No. 4 post office opened in 1847 and was latter renamed Woodberry and Woodbury. The population in 2010 was 90.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2015 David C. Elbon