Woolcott (or Walcott) is a Bracken county community about four miles northwest of Brooksville. The original settlement may have been known as Cedar Fork and later Murray, for James Murray who had a store and mill at the site. It later became Murray's Station on the Brooksville and Wellsburg Railroad. The Walcott post office operated from 1901 to 1922.
Woolcott is the site of the Walcott covered bridge, also known as the Woolcott or Whites bridge.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2017 David C. Elbon