Wyandotte is in northeast Clark county where the railroad crosses the Pine Grove-Clintonville Road about seven miles north of Winchester. Wyandotte Station was on the Kentucky Union Railway at mile 14. It was named by the railroad for the Native American tribe. It was originally known as McDonalds. A Jasper post office operated from 1891 until 1911, possibly named for one of its postmasters.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2014 David C. Elbon