Annville is a Jackson county community about seven miles south of McKee on KY 30 and Pond Creek. A Chinquapin Rough post office opened in 1878, named for the local chinquapin oak trees, and was renamed Annville in 1886 for resident Nancy Ann Johnson. Annville was incorporated in 1988 and dissolved in 2000. The population of the town before dissolution in 2000 was 589. The population of the Annville area in 2010 was 1,095.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2015 David C. Elbon