Corinth is a southern Grant county town extending into Harrison and Scott counties. It may have originated as a station on the Lexington-Covington stage and was later on the Cincinnati and Southern Railway. It was probably named for the local Corinth Christian Church, which had a biblical name. The town may have been originally known as Mullanixville, named for the railway station agent. Corinth was incorporated in 1878. The Corinth post office opened in 1868. The population in 2010 was 232.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2014 David C. Elbon