Hesler is an Owen county community southeast of Owenton. It was established on land once owned by Jacob Hesler and named Heslerville. It was the original seat of the county, from 1819 until 1821, when it was moved to Owenton. A Heslerville post office operated from 1820 to 1822, sometimes apparently using the name Heslersville, and a Hesler post office operated from 1880 to 1904. The name Joppa may have been used to refer to the community as well.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2017 David C. Elbon