Lyons was a LaRue county community on KY 52 about 13 miles northeast of Hodgenville. It was established as Lyons Station on the Louisville and Nashville Railroad and named for the station agent and postmaster. It was once the home of sawmills. The Lyons Station post office opened in 1890, was renamed Lyons in 1902, and closed in 1952.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2017 David C. Elbon