Mentor is a Campbell county city on the Ohio River about eleven miles southeast of Alexandria. A station on the Chesapeake and Ohio Railroad, Mentor includes the site of Beallmont, later known as Belmont, an old port where James Kennedy's ferry operated. Various post offices operated at settlements in the area beginning with Kennedy's Ferry in 1813, which moved to Flagg Spring in 1817, and then to nearby California in 1863. Another Flagg Spring or Flaggspring post office operated from 1870 to 1907. Mentor was incorporated in 1957 and the post office opened in 1882. The population in 2010 was 193.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2017 David C. Elbon