Mount Olivet, Kentucky
Mount Olivet, the seat of Robertson county, is located near the center of the county at the junction of US 62 and KY 165. It was founded about 1820 and the name is of biblical origin. It is popularly thought that the original name was Hell's Half Acre, although this has not been documented. Mount Olivet was incorporated in 1851. The Mount Olivet post office opened in 1850. The population in 2010 was 299.
The Robertson County Courthouse in Mount Olivet was built in 1873.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2018 David C. Elbon