Sandgap is a Jackson county town about six miles northwest of McKee on US 421. It was established in the nineteenth century and named for a nearby mountain pass. A Collinsworth post office opened in the area in 1886 and was renamed Sandgap in 1902. The population in 1990 was 870.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2014 David C. Elbon