Trenton is a Todd county community on US 41 and KY 104 about six miles southwest of Elkton. Settlement probably began in the late eighteenth century and a town known as Lewisburg was established by Lewis Leavell in the early nineteenth century. Since the name Lewisburg was already in use elsewhere the post office opened as Trenton in 1819. The source of that name is not known. Trenton was incorporated in 1840. The population in 2010 was 384.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2014 David C. Elbon