Walton is a Boone county city, extending into Kenton county, on US 25 about 14 miles southeast of Burlington. Walton was incorporated in 1854. A Gaines post office opened in 1815, was renamed Gaines Cross Roads in 1823, and was renamed again as Walton in 1840. The Gaines name may have come from a local carpenter. Gaines and Walton were both rail stations on the Louisville and Nashville Railroad and the Cincinnati Southern Railroad. The population in 2010 was 3,635.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2017 David C. Elbon