Benton, the seat of Marshall county, lies on the East Fork of Clark River near the center of the county. It was established in 1842 as the seat of the new county and named for Senator Thomas Hart Benton.
Benton was incorporated in 1845.
The Benton post office opened in 1842.
The population in 2010 was 4,349.
- Benton, City of
- Kentucky Lake Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Marshall County Chamber of Commerce
- Marshall County Fiscal Court
- Marshall County Public Library
- Marshall County Schools
- Marshall County Tribune-Courier
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2023 David C. Elbon