Clermont is a Bullitt county community off KY 245 south of Shepherdsville. It was established about 1860 on the new Louisville and Bardstown Railroad and may have first been known as Rock Dale. Local businesses included a quarry, mills, a hotel, and a distillery. There is still a Jim Beam Distillery. A Quarry Switch post office opened in 1872 and was renamed Clermont in 1879.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2018 David C. Elbon