Coletown was a southeastern Fayette county community on Walnut Hill Road at Shelby Lane. It was named for Milly Cole, a formerly enslaved woman who owned property in the area. The land was subdivided beginning in 1868.
This was possibly the location of the Nave post office that operated briefly in 1901.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2023 David C. Elbon