Eastview is a Hardin county community about 14 miles southwest of Elizabethtown. The town was developed with the arrival of the Elizabethtown and Paducah Railroad about 1870 and the name may be for the view to the east, but that isn't certain. It once had a depot, bank, stores, mill, and other commercial activity.
East View was incorporated in 1890, but was later dissolved.
The East View post office opened in 1871 and was renamed Eastview in 1894.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2022 David C. Elbon