Elk Chester, Kentucky
Elk Chester was a western Fayette county community on Elkchester Pike near Redd Road and the boundary with Woodford county. It began as the Elk Chester Station on the Louisville Southern Railway. The name probably comes from the nearby South Elkhorn Creek and Manchester Branch.
The Elk Chester post office opened in 1892 and closed in 1928.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2022 David C. Elbon