Garrison is a Lewis county town on the Ohio River about six miles east of Vanceburg. It was first known as Stone City, probably for local limestone quarries. The Garrison name comes from a local family.
The Garrison post office opened in 1886.
The population of the Garrison census designated place in 2010 was 866.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2023 David C. Elbon