Goshen is an Oldham county city about 12 miles west of La Grange. The area was settled early in the nineteenth century and a community known as Saltillo, named for the city in Mexico, was located at the site by 1849.
Goshen was incorporated in 1990.
A Harmony Landing post office opened in 1833 west of the town on the Ohio River and moved to the town in 1851, taking the name Goshen from a local church.
The population in 2010 was 909.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2022 David C. Elbon