Irvine, the seat of Estill county, is on the Kentucky River at Station Camp Creek. It was founded in 1812 and named for Colonel William Irvine, an early settler.
Irvine has been incorporated since 1849.
An Irvine or Estill Court House post office opened in 1813.
The population in 2010 was 2,715.
The current Estill County Courthouse in Irvine, the third, was built in 1941. The bridge carries KY 52 and 89 across the Kentucky River.
- Citizen Voice and Times
- Estill County Chamber of Commerce
- Estill County Fiscal Court
- Estill County Public Library
- Estill County Schools
- Estill County Tribune
- Estill Development Alliance
- Irvine Municipal Utilities
- Mountain Mushroom Festival
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2022 David C. Elbon