Lowes is a Graves county community twelve miles northwest of Mayfield. The town, originally known as Lowes Crossroads, was named for Levi Lowe, who settled in the area in 1837. The Lowes post office opened in 1872. The population in 2010 was 98.
The Bank of Lowes is one of the oldest in the state (photo 1998).
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2018 David C. Elbon