Milton is a
town on the Ohio River at Tiber Creek about six miles north of
The town was chartered by Virginia in 1789 in a slightly different
location. It was incorporated by Kentucky in 1846. A nearby settlement
called Kingston was incorporated into Milton in 1872. The origins of the
names are not known.
The Milton post office opened before 1810.
The population in 2010 was 574.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2018 David C. Elbon