Mina was a Clark county community about 11 miles southeast of Winchester. It was a station on the Louisville and Nashville Railroad and may have been the site of the Legibson post office, which operated from 1918 to 1920. The origins of the names aren't known, but there was a Gibson family in the area.
About a mile south of Mina the Louisville and Nashville Railroad crossed the Red River over a trestle over 1,700 feet long. It is now part of CSX.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2022 David C. Elbon