Morgan is a Pendleton county community on the South Fork of Licking River at the mouth of Fork Lick Creek. It is about seven miles southwest of Falmouth. There were several settlements in the area from the early nineteenth century and mills, a tannery, and other businesses. Morgan became established with the arrival of the railroad in 1852. The location was probably originally known as Fork Lick and later Stowersville or Stowers Station. A later nearby community was known as Callensville. The Morgan name probably comes from a local family. A Johnson post office probably operated nearby from 1830 to 1835. The Callensville post office operated from 1846 to 1860. The Morgan post office opened in 1856 and closed in the mid-twentieth century.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2022 David C. Elbon