Pellyton is an Adair county community about 15 miles northeast of Columbia. It was named for the Pelly (or Pelley) family who settled in the vicinity in the early nineteenth century. It was also known as Lemonsville, for the local Lemmon family, and Barnetts Creek.
The Pellyton post office opened in 1887 and closed in 1966.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2023 David C. Elbon