Pink is a Jessamine county community about nine miles south of Nicholasville. It was named for the storekeeper John Pink Overstreet. The community was also known as Dean, for a local family, and Pluckemine (or Plegumine or Plaqumine), the origin of which is obscure. The area is now also known as Little Hickman, for the neighboring community and creek. A Pink post office operated from 1887 until 1904.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2022 David C. Elbon