Piqua is a Robertson county community about five miles south of Mount Olivet at Johnson Creek. It was named by an early settler who came from Piqua, Ohio. The community probably dates to the early nineteenth century.
The Piqua post office opened in 1889 and closed in 1937.
The Johnson Creek Covered Bridge crosses the creek about five miles to the east.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2023 David C. Elbon