Redwine is a Morgan county community about six miles north of West Liberty near the head of the North Fork of the Licking River. The Redwine name comes from a local family. The Morehead and North Fork Railroad arrived in 1909 which spurred development. It was a timber and coal producing area until the 1920s. A Redwine post office opened in 1883 and closed in 1914. The nearby Loveland post office, opened in 1909, moved to Redwine in 1919 and took that name. It closed it 1976.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2022 David C. Elbon