Slaughters is a Webster county city about nine miles east of Dixon. It was established in the mid-nineteenth century and was named Slaughtersville for Gustavus G. Slaughter, storekeeper, in 1855, as the result of a card game according to the local story.
Slaughtersville was incorporated in 1861 and was renamed Slaughters in 1967.
The Slaughtersville post office opened in 1856 and was renamed Slaughters in 1915.
The population in 2020 was 190.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2022 David C. Elbon