Wallonia is a Trigg county community about six miles north of Cadiz on the Muddy Fork of the Little River. It was settled early in the nineteenth century and named for Braxton Wall who owned a mill and distillery there. At one time there were hotels and other commercial activity.
Wallonia was incorporated in 1878, but was later dissolved.
The Wallonia post office opened in 1838, closed and reopened several times, until it was discontinued in 1951.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2023 David C. Elbon