Arrons Run, Kentucky
Arrons Run is in Montgomery county about seven miles northwest of Mount Sterling on Arrons Run at its mouth on Grassy Lick Creek. The stream and town were named for Aaron Higgins who owned land in the area by about 1783. The town once included a mill, distillery, and other commercial activity. It had a peak population of about 60.
The Aarons Run post office opened in 1837, closed and reopened several times, finally closing in 1894. Aarons Run was the second post office in Montgomery county.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2022 David C. Elbon