Kentucky Atlas and Gazetteer

Buechel, Kentucky
Buechel, Kentucky

Buechel is in eastern Jefferson county just west of Jeffersontown along Bardstown Road. It has been part of the city of Louisville since 2003. The area was settled beginning around 1780 at Sullivan's Old Station. It was known as Two Mile Town, named for the distance from Louisville, and Stine's Station. The Buechel name comes from John Buechel who bought the White Cottage Tavern circa 1880. Buechel was never incorporated, but the western part was incorporated in 1951 as West Buechel. A Buechel post office opened in 1883 and closed in 1951. The Buechel census designated place had a population in 2000 of 7,272.


To Wildwood, Kentucky Lincolnshire, Kentucky Houston Acres, Kentucky To Simpsonville, Kentucky To Elk Creek, Kentucky To Fern Creek, Kentucky To West Buechel, Kentucky Saint Matthews, Kentucky Buechel, Kentucky Forest Hills, Kentucky Hurstbourne Acres, Kentucky Cambridge, Kentucky Saint Regis Park, Kentucky Woodland Hills, Kentucky Douglass Hills, Kentucky Blue Ridge Manor, Kentucky Hurstbourne, Kentucky Jeffersontown, Kentucky Blackacre State Nature Preserve The Parklands of Floyds Fork MIddletown, Kentucky Louisville, Kentucky
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER

© 2022 David C. Elbon