California is a Campbell county town on the Ohio River about eight miles southeast of Alexandria. It was established in the 1840s and probably named for the Pacific coast territory. California once had mills and other industry, but most was destroyed by the flood in 1937.
It was incorporated in 1874.
The California post office opened in 1852.
The population in 2010 was 90.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2023 David C. Elbon