Chaplin is a Nelson county town near the Chaplin River about 15 miles northeast of Bardstown. The name comes from Captain Abraham Chapline, an early explorer of the area, and the name was originally spelled Chapline. Chaplin was incorporated in 1850, but was later dissolved. The Chaplin post office opened in 1832. The population of the Chaplin census designated place in 2010 was 418.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2022 David C. Elbon