Claryville is a Campbell county community just south of Alexandria. It was named for William Clary, an early resident and storekeeper.
Claryville was charted in 1818, but is not now incorporated.
A Pond Creek post office opened in 1868, was renamed Claryville in 1876, and closed in 1919.
The population of the Claryville census designated place in 2010 was 2,355 in an area of 6.9 square miles.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2023 David C. Elbon