Dundee is an Ohio county community on the Rough River about 10 miles northeast of Hartford. The community grew around mills established in the early nineteenth century by William Lowry and Warren Hines. The origin of the name Dundee is obscure.
The Hines Mills post office opened in 1846 and moved south to Sulphur Springs in 1872. The Dundee post office opened in 1898 and closed in 2013.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2023 David C. Elbon