Duvall was a Scott county community on the Cincinnati and Frankfort Railroad about five miles northwest of Georgetown. It was centered on Franklin Morris's store, which burned in 1966, and named for a local pioneer family. The Duvall post office operated from 1896 to 1927.
About a mile to the southwest, where the Galloway Pike crosses North Elkhorn Creek, was the nineteenth century mill of the Branson family. An iron bridge that was erected there in 1910 still stands.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2018 David C. Elbon