Ekron is a Meade county city on KY 144 about six miles south of Brandenburg. It was established in 1888 as a station on the Louisville, Saint Louis, and Texas Railway and named for a Biblical city. Ekron was incorporated in 1905. The Ekron post office opened in 1889. The population in 2010 was 135.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2018 David C. Elbon