Ezel is a southwestern Morgan county town on US 460 about 13 miles west of West Liberty. It may have been established early in the nineteenth century and been known as Mortonsville for a local storekeeper. It was given the name Ezel in 1875 by its new postmaster and it was incorporated in 1882. The name is of biblical origin. The Ezel post office opened in 1875. The population in 2010 was 235.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2018 David C. Elbon